Covid-19 has increased demand for delivery and pick-up, and the crisis has forced restaurants to expand their view of “contactless” and how it relates to every aspect of the customer experience.
Utmost importance should be given to generate QR Code based contactless menus for Online Food Ordering System, keeping everyone’s safety at priority.
According to a survey carried out by Dineout in India, 81% of the customers post-pandemic would prefer digital/contactless menus rather than the printed ones. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a health institute in the US discourages the use of reusable menu cards as they can cause infection in customers.
Alternate options for Printed Menu
There can be three options for replacing reusable menu cards- disposable menu cards, digital menu cards, and QR-code based.
- Disposable menu: These cards are a good alternative for replacing reusable menu cards in terms of safety and hygiene. However, it is not really the most sustainable and cost-effective solution. The extensive cost of printing menu cards can add to the already fueled losses. It also adversely affects the environment.
- Digital menu: The second option is using digital menu cards. These digital menu boards are visible to all the customers and are also a safe alternative. Yet, installing it is a huge cost that many restaurant owners are not willing to pay. It also lacks the interactive touch to it.
- QR Based Menus – Considering the situation, they seem to be the best and most effective solution to replace printed menu cards. It is safe, secure and provides interactive touch that the customers want these days. Let’s understand how they work.
How QR-based menus work?
The implementation of the QR-based menu cards is customer-friendly and quick. It involves the below steps:
- Generate QR code using the software. There are few free generators like:-
- Once you have generated your own QR-code, you can put it across your social media and display it at various locations (instead use table tops, counters, tent cards) of your restaurant.
- The customers can simply scan the QR code with their mobile phone camera and view the menu card on their phone.
Thus, it is the best alternative right now, and also an excellent investment for the future.
Benefits of QR-based menu
QR-based menus have a lot of benefits for you as well as the customers. They are definitely a necessity for online food ordering services. Given below are all the benefits you can gain if you go for the QR-based menu.
QR-based menus are highly cost-effective as they do not require an extensive budget for printing the menu cards, getting them customized, and renewing them time and again.
On the other hand, QR-based menus only require an effective QR generator that Grubly can provide.
- Brand awareness
We use QR code to redirect your customers to your website. This can definitely increase your website’s traffic.
The customers can come to know about all the additional services, discounts, and offers you provide. This can help in extending your customer base and increasing branding.
- Easy customization
You do not have to worry about the same kind of menu cards provided by various third-party services.
These QR-based menu cards offer various designs and styles you can choose from and thus, customize your restaurant’s menu card.
We can assist you in customizing and implementing your ideal QR-based menu card!
What if you want to extend your services to different cuisines? Now, it will not be feasible to print another set of menu or pamphlets cards every time you wish to make a change.
QR-based menu cards can be edited in real time easily. You’re free to make any changes you want without increasing your total budget.
- Simple and easy to showcase
Your customers do not have to be tech-savvy to use this. They do not even have to install any additional apps if their phone has a QR-scan facility. Showcase your customers high quality impressive food dishes which are flexible to change in real time whenever the need be.
Thus, it is simple and easy to use while also giving your customers a customer-friendly interface.
- Full freedom
Are you tired of the third-party apps taking away all your independence? Well, do not worry because we have got your back!
Third-party food ordering services take away your freedom of highlighting your specialties.
Using a QR-based menu card, you can highlight all your favourites and must-have dishes with full freedom.
These benefits can help you increase your sales and profit margin without having to invest a lot of money on it.
QR-based menus v/s Other Menus
The difference will help you understand how QR-based menus can profit your restaurant.
|QR-based Menus||Other Menus|
|Cost-effective||Possibility of recurrent costs|
|Interactive for customers||Non-interactive|
|Flexible to make changes in real time||No flexibility in making any changes|
|Easily customizable and increased branding||Requires help from professionals|
|Great and user-friendly for small-scale restaurants, food services, and cloud kitchens||Unavailability for small-scale food businesses and services|
Thus, QR-based menu cards will definitely become the new normal in online food ordering for restaurants post-COVID-19.
So what are you waiting for? Get your own customized QR-code services and website, with Grubly, and enjoy all these benefits!